Saturday, December 9, 2006

Jewish Souls

In finishing Becoming a Jew last week, I realized something profound about my spritual journey.

My entire life, I have felt set apart and "chosen" by G-d for something different in life. I've never followed the path of the masses, and have enjoyed life on a much higher level because I have remained on my own authentic path. I have always struggled with the world and other people, but have felt protected, loved, and encouraged by my connection with G-d.

At the end of the book, the author theorizes that all converts are really Jewish souls coming home. This resonated highly with me, as I have always felt very drawn to Judaism. The next day, I was doing some searching for a Hebrew name, and found out that my last name has Hebrew roots. I began to wonder if my family has Jewish blood that was forgotten along the way.

I now truly feel like I am a Jewish soul coming home. I feel great comfort and joy adopting Jewish beliefs and traditions. It's actually the first time I have ever felt like I truly fit into something.

What a wonderful experience it is - a great beginning to a lifelong journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well stated nice. You found yourself :)